RoHS (Restriction Of Hazardous Substances) Compliance
RoHS stands for the Restriction of Hazardous Substances directive adopted by the European Union (EU) that took effect in July 2006 and was amended in 2011 and 2015. While RoHS is often referred to as the
“lead-free directive,” it actually restricts the use of multiple substances as follows:
• Lead (Pb) to less that 1000 ppm
• Mercury (Hg) to less than 100 ppm
• Cadmium (Cd) to less than 100 ppm
• Hexavalent chromium [Cr(VI)] to less than 1000 ppm
• Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) to less than 1000 ppm
• Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) to less than 1000 ppm
• Bis (2-Ethylhexy) phlthalate (DEHP) to less than 1000 ppm
• Benzyl butyl phthalate (BBPP) to less than 1000 ppm
• Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) to less than 1000 ppm
• Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP) to less than 1000 ppm
REACH is a European Community Regulation on chemicals and their safe use (EC 1907/2006). It deals with the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and restriction of Chemical substances. The new law entered into force on 1 June 2007.
The aim of REACH is to improve the protection of human health and the environment through the better and earlier identification of the intrinsic properties of chemical substances. At the same time, innovative capability and competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry should be enhanced. The benefits of the REACH system will come gradually, as more and more substances are phased into REACH.
We ensure you, that our company LILY Bearing has taken organizational measures to keep our business in compliance with the RoHS and REACH regulation.
RoHS & REACH certificates for products provided by LILY Bearing are available upon request.