Home Blog U S Bearing Sales Continue Strong

U S Bearing Sales Continue Strong

Release time : 2015-06-11 12:36:32
The Power Transmission Distributors Association released industry research data for June 2008, indicating continued strength for bearing manufacturing and sales in North America. U.S. bearing manufacturers reported bearing sales were up 7.8% in June, while mounted bearings were up 9%. The upward trend continues, thanks to strong demand from industrial and other non-automotive markets. Canadian bearing manufacturers, however, notched small declines in June, with mounted bearing sales off 1.4% and unmounted bearings down 1.3%. Overall, U.S.distributors??? sales of bearings, power transmission components and motion control components were up 2.7% in June from May. Compared to June 2007, sales were up 2.1%. The PTDA also tracks accounts receivable collection days, which fell 2.3%; and the confidence index of U.S.distributors for June was 5.6 (on a scale of 0-10), flat from May. Meanwhile, Canadian distributors reported essentially flat PT/MC sales, after May sales fell 5.4%. From June 2007, sales are down 4.8%. Canadian A/R collection days were up 1.6%, and the confidence level of Canadian distributors continued flat at 5.7. Founded in 1960, the PTDA is, "the leading association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel." Based in the U.S., the PTDA represents 205 PT/MC distributors totaling more than 3,500 locations across North America and 12 other countries; as well as 194 manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry.